Saturday, June 28, 2008

El sabor de los buenos momentos

I left last Thurs from Managua to go to Anna´s wedding. It was a whirlwind of a trip! I couldn´t believe how I went from one day in the clinic to the next getting served food. It was beautiful and I really enjoyed it. On the way back from Nicaragua it felt very normal to be back. I liked it. On Monday I was supposed to go to the school, but ended up having pink eye so I went to the office and counted pills with David for the medical brigade. When I say we counted pills what I really mean is we counted 15,000 by fives. It was awesome to say the least and sometimes I gave someone 31 instead of 30 just so that they can be lucky. On Tues. I did town visits with Javier. One elderly lady cried and hugged me and it was really cool to see that she was thankful. Wed. was a good and hard day. I helped clean this lady´s ulcer again and it´s getting so much better!! Then a 40 day old child came in (she has pneumonia and Javier took her to the hospital) and she is not doing good at all. I felt helpless, but Javier said ¨Science says this baby will not live, but God says anything is possible.¨ I´ve been thinking about her a lot. On Thurs. I went with a group for horseback rides. It was so much fun! I think they thought I knew what I was doing so I just shook my head and pretended. And at the end Ariel let me hold my horse back and it really wanted to be with the rest of the horses...so when I say ¨hyah¨ (ask later for demonstration) he TOOK OFF. I almost flew off we were going so fast and it was so much funnnn!! And then Katie and I went and milked some cows. I thought my cow was empty...but then the professional got up there and there was still like three liters left in this sucker. Showoff. Just kidding. But really. Friday was another clinic day. I love them every time bc I learn so much! Today was one of my favorite days yet. Haley, Kyle, and I went to Las Tekas aka swimming pool of the century. We went with the kids from the refuge and their tias and a tio and Olman. We played tag but not just like Marco Polo..i mean run around on the slippery edges with a 15 ft drop and no railing. Someone should have broken something, but it´s cool...no one did. There was music and laughing and splashing and swimming lessons. I love how they just squeeze you when they are afraid that you will let them go. I seriously have sunburn lines on my face where there are wrinkles when I smile. Such a blessed day. It is so good to be here. God bless!
Jaclyn

No comments: