Friday, June 6, 2008

A whale of a week

SO much has happened since the last entry. Friday was supposed to be our first day out however hurricane emma put our world on hold. We stayed in the house all day and got a little stir crazy. On Saturday-it rained. Sunday was a bad day for me...I had a fever all day and when Meredith finally took it it was 104. I felt real bad to say the least...that night things continued to get worse in other areas. So I was stuck in the house again on Monday. Besides feeling like death I was frustrated that I didn´t get to get out. That night we went to the Pasada for dinner with the Mayfair group and I debated going until the last minute and am so glad I did. It was a turning point. Tues and Wed we went on a medical brigade with the Mayfair group. It was very good getting to know them and work with them. Yesterday I helped plant coffee plants on the side of the mountain by the Pasada. I haven´t gotten that dirty in a long time and it was awesome. And today I got to go to the clinic. Javier is great! I felt like I learned so much and got to do a lot (I gave two shots) So that gives a overview...but leaves out things like the Mayfair group feeding us, our house flooding twice, me breaking into our house because the door wouldnt open, crossing the rivers, not crossing the rivers, the interns hour hike in the rain crossing rivers just to get back to the house, whales, morning mix 08, countless stories in the house and in el jefe. Life is good and God is better.
Jaclyn

No comments: