Thursday, June 12, 2008

Monday was my clinic day with Loren and Kyle. I was able to give my first shot, and I'm not gonna lie, I was nervous. Lexi helped me out and then I was feeling kind of bad about how nervous I was, so she told me that I just needed more practice. Then she pulled out a needle and let me stick her in her hand, and I got the vein on the first try. I was so excited! I'm definately ready for another clinic day, more practice!!! The sad part of today was that we saw a baby (25 days old) with pneumonia. You could tell just from looking that she was really sick. We gave her two nebulizer treatments and then oral rehydration salts and drove her and her mother back down the mountain to the hospital.

This week has been fairly uneventful, although Kyle and I were able to get measured for cowboy boots. This way, on Tuesdays (ranch day) we can actually look the part. Loren, Kyle and I all went to a school on Wednesday with Shelly and played with the kids there for about an hour. It was definately cause to practice my Spanish because we ended up teaching them red rover and duck duck goose. All I have to say about that is that those kids are crazy fast!! I would tag them and literally two seconds later they had caught me! After that the kids had us play hide and go seek, and then jump rope. Tomorrow we head to Copan, I'm psyched about that 10 hour bus ride!!!

1 comment:

ML Interns said...

Sorry all, I forgot to put my name on it!
-Katie