Friday, July 18, 2008

Buenachos

I can't believe this is the last week of work! It has gone by so fast. I am really excited to see my family, but really sad to be leaving everybody here at the same time. On Monday and Tuesday I was at the school. I really really enjoy playing with the kids. I like playing soccer...no big deal that I made the same kid bust his lip twice. He's still my friend. On Tuesday we got hamburgers for lunch to celebrate Raul's birthday and also as a good'bye present for the interns. I was really surprised too that after school they had another good'bye present...a cake!! They also said it was for my birthday on August 11. I was beside myself because I had just mentioned it to Roxanna in passing. All of the teachers went around and said nice things about us so I decided that I was going to say something back....in spanish. It worked out well because I didn't get the confused look I usually get. What a blessing to get to know them and the kids. On Wednesday we went to the clinic. Since there were four of us we had to split the patients half and half. That night Chad, Shelli, Meredith, and Alyssa came over to eat spaget at our house. When they came we were playing a sweet game of four square so Chad joined in. I won. On Thursday we went to Duyure with Javier. We had to wait for him at the school. As soon as I walked outside Jefri (if you are allowed to have favorites he would be mine) ran to me and yelled my named and jumped in my arms. I don't remember much else about the day because that was the best part. Just kidding, but it was the best part. We hiked around to different houses. A man gave Herman some mamones and I thought it was awesome because he really didn't have a lot to give. That was our last night for Spanish classes and it was sad to be leaving Mary. Today was our last day of work. Now we are all trying to change our flights to get home...what a pill. But I am realllyy excited about Roatan!!! God bless!
Jaclyn

No comments: