Monday, July 7, 2008

Medical Brigade

This past week we had a medical brigade from Tennessee come. I was able to work two days with an awesome doctor who taught me so much about medicine and treating patients. Priscilla taught the entire time we were together and I learned all about why we use different medicines, what medicines react with each other, what to prescribe for different illnesses etc. I really appreciated her patience with me, as well as her advice on medical school and everything else we talked about!
This doesn´t fit in with medical, but on Friday David and I took groups out on trail rides. It was awesome. We took the river trail and basically just got to hang out all day and ride horses. Then on Saturday the interns all went riding and then we went to what we thought was Tres Pilas. Turns out it wasn´t but it was still really cool. There was a 100 foot waterfall that you could swim up to and then we all went exploring on the rocks down below. It was a great way to spend a Saturday, then that night we had Shelly and Holman over for dinner and dessert which tasted great (good job Loren, Haley and Shelly!!!)
Katie

No comments: