Sunday, July 6, 2008

Kyle ¨¿Como se dice?¨

There are a few phrases that I have found that I needed but never learned in Spanish class. So with some help from a very good friend, I translated the bare essential for survival thus far in the trip. Enjoy and practice in case you ever travel to Honduras.


That smell is the bathroom upstairs.
Aquel olor es el baño arriba.

My horse is pregnant.
Mi caballo está preñada.

I broke my horse's leg.
Yo rompí la pierna de mi caballo.

My horse ran out of gas.
Mi caballo no anda benzina.

Please do not yell into my stethescope.
Por favor que no gritas en mi estetoscopio.

The cows in my yard woke me up this morning.
Las vacas en mi jardín me despetaron esta mañana.

Olman, you just ran over a cat.
Olman, atropellaste un gató.

I will dig your latrine.
Voy a cavar tu letrina.

The electricity is out again.
Sé fue la electricidad otra vez.

I fell into the river.
Me caí en el río.

Sometimes Loren snores like a garbage disposal.
A veces, Loren ronca como si fuero un triturador de basura.

I have to give you a shot in the buttocks.
Tengo que darte una inyección en las nalgitas.

This doesn't taste like beef because it is not beef.
Eso no sabe de carne porque no es carne.

Why are you laughing at me?
¿Porqué te ries de mi?

You are now out of toilet paper.
En este momento se terminó el papel higiénico.

Yes I know my passport photo looks like a terrorist.
Ya lo sé que en mi pasaporte parece que soy terrorista.

Please stop screaming, it is one a.m.
Por favor, deja de gritar, las uno de la mañana.



Thanks Seth, I know you understand exactly what I am trying to communicate.

2 comments:

Trudy said...

Kyle,
This is Haley's mom. Her dad and I appreciate your sense of humor and your Honduran information. Her dad also says, when you finish your residency, he may have a spot for you.
Blessings,
Trudy

Scooterbug said...

Hi Kyle, I'm Diane, Haley's neighbor in FL. It is truly a pleasure to follow the blogs of terrific, selfless young Christians. Keep your sense of humor when you have patients of your own. God bless as you travel & continue your education.
Diane